Welcome to my second blog, a blog devoted to my attempts at creating a new and exciting potential fantasy-type novel, drawn from the depths of my mind during boughts of insomnia, during the twilight hours of the day. In other words, due to sleep deprivation at 3 in the morning, I started writing lots of memos in my phone, of what I thought, at the time, to be good ideas for such a novel.
I've taken these basic ideas (none of which pointed to a story line, bar the introduction, merely set the scene and built up character profiles) and started to piece them together in what spare time I have, in order to begin to create a story of sorts.
I will say this straight away too - I've parted from usual cliches, the steriotypical characters of 'good' and 'evil' (such as all elves being good and all orcs and the like being evil) and done my own thing. Just because they look ugly, doesn't mean an entire species is evil, after all. And hey, some elves might be dicks (and probably are, vain little sods that they are.)
So, all in all, I'm hoping that people will enjoy my attempts at writing, as it is something a bit new, and different. I will probably at some point (if I remember), put up a post about pronunciations of any bizarre words I use in the novel too. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, so as to improve the quantity of the aforementioned novel, but overall, I will just be grateful if you just read it.
Amy.
No comments:
Post a Comment